Setting the Stage for a Quick Sale!

Exterior of Staged Home
Kitchen BEFORE
Kitchen AFTER
In the world of real estate, the best house wins!  At least that's what I think, anyway.  I have been staging houses to sell for over ten years now and it is still one of my favorite things to do.  My husband, Phil Copeland, is the only Realtor I stage for, so I want his houses to shine like no other house on the market!  Using awesome pieces from KalamazooKitty, I collect up everything I need for the home to get it ready for picture day, open houses and showings.  Picture day?  Of course!  Potential home buyers are not shopping for houses out on the road anymore.  They are shopping in their pajamas, at all hours of the day and night, from the internet, in the comfort of their own home.  So when I make a big deal about picture day, it's because it is the most important part of the process of selling your home quickly and for as much money as possible. 
Family Room BEFORE

Family Room AFTER
At the expense of sounding like an advertisement, I will throw in one more tidbit about my husband, and then move on to the details of this home I just finished staging.  Phil and I work together on every listing to prepare it for the market.  No, I am not a realtor myself, he handles all that stuff, but I am the
Foyer BEFORE
driving force to making each home sparkle and show like a million bucks!  So let's get to that house!
Foyer AFTER
The Stats: This mid-century home is nestled on 4.9 acres in an awesome part of the Kalamazoo area!  Just off the beaten path of West Main & 6th Street, this home is close to shopping, the highway and restaurants.  Four bedrooms and 2-1/2 baths make this the perfect home for a growing family.  The main floor has an open concept for entertaining, yet is cozy enough for everyday living.  So what did I do in this home to prepare it for the market?  For starters, I brought in a home organizer to help the homeowner get packed up and ready to move.  Remember, you are planning to move anyway, so pack up 80% of your belongings and get it off the property into a storage unit or a friend's garage.  Keep only your everyday essentials to get you through while your house is on the market.
Living Room BEFORE
Powder BEFORE
Once the home organizer was finished, the house was deep cleaned, painted in a few places, and ready for staging.  Starting with the main living area, I hung some clocks, ladders and neutral art.  Always remember to keep all your wall hangings neutral and simple.  Mirrors, clocks and ladders work well!  The two living spaces just needed a few new pieces of furniture added to what the homeowner already had.  I rearranged the furniture to make the rooms feel spacious and added a few accessories and blankets to warm it up. 
Living Room AFTER
I prefer my staged homes to feel cozy, not empty and stark. 
Powder AFTER
The master suite underwent a few changes as well.  I switched out the king bed for a queen because it fit the space much better, then added mirrors, lamps and new bedding to pull the room together.  The attached bathroom was recently completely remodeled with a new walk-in shower and double vanity.  I simply added fresh towels, rugs and art to pull all the colors together.  This home features a huge dining room with a built-in buffet for china storage and endless serving possibilities.  With the addition of curtains, a bench, side tables and art, this room is now ready for a party, or pictures anyway!  The lower level of this walk-out offers tons more living space with a fabulous view!  The main area contains a wet bar with a refrigerator for entertaining inside, or out on the deck by the hot tub and mature trees. 
Lower Level AFTER
Lower Level BEFORE
This lower level family room is spacious enough for a card table and conversation area by the fireplace (one of three in this home!).  You will also find three more bedrooms, one being used as a home office.  I added new bedding, art and accessories to each room to make them look fresh and inviting.  A full bath with sauna, huge laundry room and cedar closet finish out this large level of this home.  I used simple accessories, wall hangings and rugs to dress each space up to show off it's size and functionality. 
Bedroom AFTER
Bedroom BEFORE
Last, but certainly not least, I cleaned up the screened-in porch off the main level family room.  This is a room that will be used regularly by the lucky new family who purchases this home!  It overlooks the beautifully landscaped yard and is the perfect place to watch for wildlife, while sipping a cup of morning coffee.  That completes our tour of this Kalamazoo home.  Feel free to borrow any staging ideas you need, or email if you need your home staged to sell!  You can also join us for a FREE staging class held at KalamazooKitty.
NOTE: These are NOT the professional photos that were used for the listing!  These were just my quick pics I took for my own use.  To view the entire home photos, please visit my website.

Interested in free home staging from Kitty?  Contact Phil 269.377.8873

This is from Kalamazoo...to you!


Comments

Popular Posts